Latest Releases for Legacy Platforms
The SeaMonkey Project only supports the latest stable version of SeaMonkey (see the System Requirements). We do not support any of the applications and versions listed below. If your operating system or computer is no longer supported by official SeaMonkey releases, the only way to continue using officially supported SeaMonkey versions is to upgrade your operating system and/or computer.
- SeaMonkey 2.49.x will be the last version supporting Windows XP/Server 2003 and Vista/Server 2008.
- SeaMonkey 2.49.x will be the last version with ALSA support on Linux.
- The last version with gtk2 support on Linux was SeaMonkey 2.48.
- The last version with Mac OS 10.8 support was SeaMonkey 2.40.
- The last version for Windows with support for older CPUs not supporting the SSE2 instruction set was SeaMonkey 2.40.
- The last version with Windows 2000 and Windows XP without SP2 support was SeaMonkey 2.9.
- The last version with Mac OS 10.4 and PPC support was SeaMonkey 2.0.14.
- The last version with Windows 98/Me support was SeaMonkey 1.1.19.
There are some legacy platforms that we do not support anymore but for which other projects provide builds that share the same code base as SeaMonkey, Firefox and Thunderbird.
Note: The SeaMonkey Project is not associated in any way with these projects. We cannot provide support or help for these. We cannot verify their security or stability. You should make your own judgement as to the suitability of any of these third party builds you intend to use.
SeaMonkey for OS/2
Dave Yeo provides an SeaMonkey for OS/2 builds on his Bitbucket projects website.
SeaMonkey for PPC
The SeaMonkey for PPC project provides versions beyond SeaMonkey 2.9 for PowerPC/G4 on Mac OS 10.5.x.
The TenFourFox project provides builds of Firefox for PowerPC (PPC) that are based on Firefox ESR.
The Tenfourbird project provides builds of Thunderbird for PowerPC (PPC) based on TenFourFox.